Sometimes you want to limit how your photos are shared. So Google+ released new locking feature.
You can lock an album from two places — your Photos page, or album posts in the Stream — and when you do a few things happen:
– Viewers won’t be able to +mention new people
– Photo tags by viewers won’t expand who can see your album
– All of your posts about your album will also be locked
To lock an album from your Photos page:
1. Click Your albums
2. Click on the album
3. Click on who can currently view the album (e.g. Limited)
4. Check the Lock this album box
5. Click Save
Or from an album post in the Stream:
1. Find the post with the album you want to lock
2. Choose Lock this post from the drop-down menu located at the top right
In both cases the word “Locked” will appear, and that’s it!